How can we help?
You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language. Enabling this filter will limit Pandora to playing music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio.
Something to keep in mind, is that the explicit filter removes explicit language only. Your stations may still play songs that encounter adult themes, situations, or the player may include album artwork with the parental advisory label.
*Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and not specific stations. Once set, this will restrict explicit content for that account on all devices, as well.
Choose the device you'd like to use to set your explicit filter:
- Click your email address (or name) in the top right corner then select Settings.
- Choose "No. Do not allow explicit content" to filter explicit content from your stations. To protect this setting with a PIN, choose a password and an email address to send it to in case you forget the PIN.)
- Choose "Yes. Allow explicit content" to allow explicit content on your stations.
- Click the Save Changes button when finished.
From your Stations List:
- Tap the menu icon > Settings > Account.
- To filter explicit content, switch the Allow Explicit Content option to Off.
- To allow explicit content, switch the Allow Explicit Content option to On.
- If you don't see the Allow Explicit Content option, it may be that a PIN number was assigned to your explicit filter. You'll need to sign into your account from a computer in order to disable it.
- Once you're signed in on a computer, click your email address (or name) in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Select Yes. Allow explicit content.
- Enter your PIN number or select "I forgot, email it to me."
- Click the Save Changes button and enter your Pandora account password when finished.
- Make sure to tap Save when you are finished.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.