How can we help?
Giving a song a thumbs-up tells Pandora to bring in similar artists and songs to your station.
Giving a song a thumbs down tells us not to play this track on this particular station.
Use Thumbs to craft the sound you are trying to achieve and vary the playlists from station to station. For example, you might want to give a song you like a Thumb down if you think it will bring in a certain type of music you'd prefer to not have on that station. Don't be afraid to rate songs – you can always edit your stations later if you don't like the direction your station is going or if you'd like to mix things up.
Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific: rating a song with a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on one station will not affect any of your other stations.
To learn how to edit your Thumbs, choose the device you're using below for instructions:
If you gave the song a thumb during your current listening session:
- Hover your cursor over the left side of the album art, and click on the left arrow until the desired song appears.
- Click the highlighted Thumb icon to remove the thumb rating.
If you gave the song a thumb in a previous listening session:
- Select My Profile > Stations.
- Click on the name of a station to review the Station Details.
- To remove a thumb rating, click on the X listed to the right of the desired artist or track.
You can also get to Station Details from the homepage by hovering your cursor over the station you'd like to edit from the Station List, clicking the black arrow next to the title, then selecting Station Details.
Important: If you are having trouble following the instructions above, you may be on the redesigned version of our website. You can find the guide to navigating our new site here.
If the track was given a thumb rating during your current listening session:
- Swipe the album art from left to right (on the Now Playing screen) until you locate the desired track.
- Tap the highlighted thumb icon to remove the thumb rating.
If the track was given a thumb rating in a previous listening session:
- Visit your Stations list.
- Swipe the name of the station you'd like to edit right to left to review its Station Details.
- Tap the numbered Thumbs up or down icon.
- Locate the desired track.
- Swipe the track name from right to left then tap Delete.
If the track was given a Thumb rating during your current listening station:
- Swipe through the album art (on the Now Playing screen) until you see locate the desired track.
- Tap the highlighted Thumb to remove the rating.
If the track was given a Thumb rating during a previous listening session:
- Go to your Station List.
- Tap and hold the station name until a context menu appears.
- Select Station Details.
- Tap the numbered Thumbs up or down icons.
- Locate the thumbed track.
- Tap the three dots to the right of the track name > Remove Track.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.