How can we help?
Giving a song a thumbs-up tells Pandora to bring in similar artists and songs to your station.
Giving a song a thumbs down tells us not to play this track on this particular station.
Use Thumbs to craft the sound you are trying to achieve and vary the playlists from station to station. For example, you might want to give a song you like a Thumb down if you think it will bring in a certain type of music you'd prefer to not have on that station. Don't be afraid to rate songs – you can always edit your stations later if you don't like the direction your station is going or if you'd like to mix things up.
Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific: rating a song with a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on one station will not affect any of your other stations.
To learn how to edit your Thumbs, choose the device you're using below for instructions:
If you gave the song a thumb during your current listening session:
- Click on Now Playing in the upper left.
- Hover your cursor over the album art and click View Session History.
- Click the highlighted Thumb icon under the track you'd like to edit.
If you gave the song a thumb in a previous listening session:
- Click on the My Stations button and select the name of the station you'd like to edit.
- Click on the small pencil icon to the left of the Play button. This will open up your station's editor for you.
- Scroll down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this will show your Thumbed-up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs down, click on the Thumbs down icon.
- To delete a Thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal an overflow menu. Select Delete to remove that Thumb from your station.
- When you are done making changes, make sure to click Save. Otherwise, your station will not be changed.
If the track was given a thumb rating during your current listening session:
- Swipe the album art from left to right (on the Now Playing screen) until you locate the desired track.
- Tap the highlighted thumb icon to remove the thumb rating.
If the track was given a thumb rating in a previous listening session:
- Visit your Stations list.
- Swipe the name of the station you'd like to edit right to left to review its Station Details.
- Tap the numbered Thumbs up or down icon.
- Locate the desired track.
- Swipe the track name from right to left then tap Delete.
If the track was given a Thumb rating during your current listening station:
- Swipe through the album art (on the Now Playing screen) until you see locate the desired track.
- Tap the highlighted Thumb to remove the rating.
If the track was given a Thumb rating during a previous listening session:
- Go to your Station List.
- Tap and hold the station name until a context menu appears.
- Select Station Details.
- Tap the numbered Thumbs up or down icons.
- Locate the thumbed track.
- Tap the three dots to the right of the track name > Remove Track.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.