Check for updates to the player. You should be able to do this from the main menu by going to Setup -» Others -» Software -» Update. The exact menu titles may vary depending on your player.
After the update, try again and see if your problem persists.
If you're still having the same problem, try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:
* Try connecting directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly and see if it works better.
* Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device player.
* Try doing a full reset of your device:
1. Unplug power cord and all cables (e.g. HDMI, etc) from the device
2. Hold down power button on device for 45 seconds
3. Plug everything back in
4. Power up device.
You can also contact LG directly in regards to troubleshooting your specific device and settings:
Support Link: http://www.lg.com/us/support/product/support-product.jsp
Contact Support: http://www.lg.com/us/support/contact/support-message.jsp?countryCd=us
Support Phone: (800) 243-0000