If you're having issues listening to the Pandora app for Android, try the following steps:
1. Uninstall the app: From the home screen, press the menu key and select Settings then Applications. Select Manage Applications. Scroll down and select Pandora. Then Uninstall.
2. Power down the phone and pull the battery out (if this is possible with your device), then put the battery back in and turn the phone on.
3. Reinstall: Go to the Google Play Store and search for Pandora.
4. Clear data for Pandora: Press the menu key and select Settings then Applications. Next select Manage Applications. On that page select Clear data.
5. In certain cases, we've found that switching from Normal Quality audio to High Quality can help. Touch the Menu icon (3 vertical dots in the upper right) and select Settings. Then select Advanced and check the box next to ‘Higher Quality Audio.’
6. Make sure the app installed to the phone's local memory. If the app is on the SD card, move it to local memory then restart your phone.
7.If you have a battery saver or task manager app make exceptions for Pandora or try turning them off completely.
Note: We do not support Pandora on rooted or unlocked phones, unofficial OS releases, or custom ROMs. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and won't cause any problems with functions of the device.