Internet Explorer Troubleshooting
Before troubleshooting Pandora in Internet Explorer, please check that your system meets our Minimum Specifications to run Pandora.
If you are having trouble using Pandora with Internet Explorer, many times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to http://www.pandora.com can help.
To check if this is a browser-related issue, first try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
If you prefer Internet Explorer as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:
- Clear your browser's Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History by clicking on the Gear icon in the upper right corner ("Tools" for older versions of Internet Explorer) and going to Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under Browsing History, click Delete.
- Check Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History and select Delete.
- Install the latest version of the Flash player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Turn off Compatibility View. It's located to the right of the address bar in the browser (the icon looks like a piece of paper torn in half). Click on the icon to disable it (blue is on, gray is off). If you don't see the icon, go to www.pandora.com and it will pop up.
- Finally, restart your computer and go to www.pandora.com to see if that helps.
If the previous steps didn’t work, here are a few more things to check out that might be interfering with the site:
- Go to the Gear icon in the upper right ("Tools" for older versions of Internet Explorer), then select the Internet Options menu
- On the Security tab, click the Default level button (if it's not grayed out).
- Next, click on Trusted Sites in the same menu (green checkmark), and then click the Sites button below it.
- Uncheck the Require Server Verification box at the bottom.
- Then enter *.pandora.com to the "Add this website to the zone" area and click Add. Then click Close.
- Select the Privacy tab and move the slider to Medium. Then click Apply.
- Click on the Sites button.
- Select the Connections tab and click the LAN Settings button.
- Click the checkbox for Automatically detect settings if it isn't already checked, and uncheck the checkbox for Use a proxy server for your LAN if it is selected. Then click OK.
- Select the Advanced tab and click the Restore Advanced Settings button. Then click OK to close the Internet Options menu.
- If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
- If you haven’t already, try opening Pandora in a different browser (Firefox or Chrome).
- Finally restart your computer again and return to http://www.pandora.com
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.