How can we help?
How to use Pandora on iPhone & iPod Touch
Create a New Account
Create a Station
View Recently Played Tracks
View Artist Bios and Lyrics
"I'm tired of this track"
Change the audio quality
Set The Sleep Timer
Using the Alarm Clock
Bookmarks and Purchasing Music
Disabling Feed Notifications
Disabling Push Notifications
Running Pandora in the background
Pausing the music or skipping a song while Pandora is running in the background
Quit or Sign out
Update your iOS
My Pandora App Disappeared
Pandora Premium for iPhone
After launching the app, enter the email address and password you used to register with Pandora and press Sign In.
If you do not know your password, tap Forgot password.
You will receive a password-reset email to the address you used to create you Pandora account.
Go to the Station List. Tap the plus sign in the upper right corner, or drag the Station List down until you see the Create Station search bar that is located at the top of the list, and tap it.
Type the name of an Artist or Song in the text-box. The search should auto-complete; however, you can also press the blue Search button once to find a list of relevant artists or songs.
To view and select our curated genre stations or browse station recommendations, tap on the Browse Genre Stations option that appears underneath the initial search screen or Stations You Might Like, instead of typing out an artist or song in the search box.
Select the name of the station that you would like, and the station will be added to your list.
To add variety to the currently playing station from the Now Playing screen, tap the small thumb icon in the upper right corner to view your Station Details.
Scroll down and tap Add Variety. You can type in an artist or track name, or choose one of the recommended seeds. Delete seeds by swiping the seed name from right to left and tapping Delete.
To add variety to a station while in your Station List, swipe the station name from right to left, tap the small thumb icon that appears, then selecet Add Variety.
Tap the Thumbs Icon in the top right corner of the Now Playing screen. Under the Session History section, swipe through your recently-played tracks to see album art, artist, track and information, or give a thumbs up/down to any song shown.
Touch the album artwork from the Now Playing screen to view artist biographies, lyrics, and features of the track.
*This feature may not be available outside the U.S
- Visit your Stations list
- Swipe the Station Name of the station you'd like to edit from right to left
- Tap your Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down to view the songs you have rated or recently listened to, or view and edit your station seeds.
- Add seeds by tapping the Add Variety button. Delete seeds by swiping the seed name from right to left and tapping Delete.
- Edit the station name by scrolling down and tapping the pencil icon next to the station name, or tap Add a description.
- Tap Save to save the changes.
*Note: you cannot edit or delete individual stations while actively in Shuffle mode.
To edit which stations are played during Shuffle, go to your Station List by tapping the back arrow in the upper left corner. Then, swipe the "Shuffle" station title from right to left, and tap the pencil icon that appears.
There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle, by Station or Genre. Tap Done to save your changes.
- Swipe the Station Name of the station you'd like to edit from right to left.
- Tap the Station Details icon (the small thumb).
- You can tap your thumbs up or down to view them, view and thumb songs you've recently listened to, and view and edit your station seeds.
- To delete seeds or individual thumb ratings, just swipe the seed or track name from right to left and tap Delete. Add seeds by tapping the "Add Variety" button.
You can remove stations from your Station List by swiping the station name from right to left and tapping Delete.
*Note: you cannot edit or delete individual stations while actively in Shuffle mode.
To choose how your stations are sorted, go to your Station List and scroll to the very top. Once you're at the top, pull the list down a little more to reveal the sorting options. You should be able to sort your stations by most recently listened to, or alphabetically.
If you'd like to prevent a song from playing for a while, but you don't want to give it a thumbs down, you can select "I'm tired of this track."
From the Now Playing screen, just tap the album artwork to view the track details, then tap the three dots in the top right and select "I'm Tired of this Track."
Go to the Station List, tap the menu icon and select Settings > tap Advanced. Toggle higher quality audio on or off.
To set the sleep timer in the Pandora app, go to the Station List, then open your Settings.
From there, tap Sleep Timer and set it to stop playing your station after 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. The sleep timer will visibly count down in your Settings menu.
Find out how to set this up here.
Go to the Stations list. Tap the menu icon, select Profile > Bookmarks.
To delete a bookmark, tap and hold the track name until a red Delete button appears, then tap Delete.
Please see this page for more information on Sharing stations, artists, and tracks on iOS.
Use the main volume control buttons on the left side of your iPhone or iPod Touch to adjust the volume.
Pandora will use notifications to let you know when new music from your favorite artists becomes available on your stations, and to notify you about activity on your Pandora Profile.
To dismiss your recent notifications, open the Pandora app, go to your Station List, and tap Feed to view them.
You won't be able to turn off Feed notifications at this time.
Go to Settings> Notifications. Scroll down and select Pandora. From there, you can toggle Push Notifications on/off, or update the way they appear.
While Pandora is playing, click the Home button to return to your Home screen and select another app. Pandora will continue to play music in the background.
When you're done listening to Pandora, all you need to do is to press Pause and leave the app by hitting the Home button or going to another app. When paused and backgrounded, Pandora will use no CPU -- iOS will effectively halt the process.
There are several convenient ways to pause:
- Open the app and pause from the Now Playing screen.
- From the lock screen, the audio controls should display automatically when you press the home button. If not, press the home button again to bring them up. (Skip works here too.)
- With the phone unlocked, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal Control Center. Here you will find all of your Pandora play controls. (Skip works here too.)
- Press the "microphone button" on Apple earbuds. (Double-clicking the button will skip too.)
To quit the app, but remained signed into your account, press the Home button twice to bring up the list of currently running apps. Swipe the screen to the left or right until you find Pandora. Once you see Pandora, swipe the preview up and it will disappear. The app is now completely closed.
To sign out of the app altogether, go to the Station List > Tap the menu icon > Settings. Scroll down to Sign out of the current account.
Hold down the Pandora icon on the iPhone desktop until all the icons start wiggling. Tap the x that appears over the Pandora icon.
The current version of Pandora requires that your iOS device has iOS 9 or later.
If your device is running iOS 5 or later, you can update using the built-in Software Update feature. To do this, first connect your device to a power source (i.e. the USB power adapter or your computer). Then tap Settings > General > Software Update. It might take your iOS device a few minutes to download and install the update.
If you are running iOS 4.3.5 or earlier, you will need to update your iOS device through your computer. For this, you’ll need to have the USB cable that came with your device, an internet connection and the most current version of iTunes installed on your computer (www.apple.com/itunes). With your iOS device connected to your computer, open iTunes and select your iPhone/iPad/iPod under Devices.
Generally, iTunes will prompt you for the software update, but you can force the install on your device by clicking the Check for Update button. iTunes will download the latest software to your device and will also back up your data. This process may take a few minutes depending on your Internet connection and how much data you have on your device.
If you downloaded the Pandora App onto your iOS device and it seemingly “disappeared”, try running through the following steps to locate it:
First, to make sure Pandora wasn’t accidentally deleted, try to install again, making sure to tap the blue "FREE" button on the Pandora screen in the App Store.
If the Pandora screen shows a blue "OPEN" button, then the Pandora App should be installed on your device and you just need to find it.
There are two ways to find any app you're missing on an iOS device such as the iPhone. In both cases, start from the home screen by pressing the main round "Home" button.
- "Swipe" with your finger, screen by screen, until you find the Pandora App, which has a white icon with a big blue "P" in it. Make sure to check each folder (the icons that have other smaller icons in them) on your device.
- Once you find Pandora, you can move it wherever you like. To move an app, touch and hold the icon with your fingertip until it "wiggles"-- then drag it where you'd like it to go.
- Or, "pull down" from any screen with apps to reach the iPhone "search" screen. Then search for the word "Pandora." You still won't know where the app actually landed using this method, but you can still launch Pandora this way.
- If the app is not showing up, check whether you have any age restrictions set on your device. Pandora is "unrated", so if you have some restrictions set, it simply won't appear even when installed.
If you have any other issues with installing or finding apps, including Pandora, please check in with Apple support for assistance.
If you would like to upgrade to Pandora Premium, click here.
If you would like to learn how to use Pandora Premium on your iPhone, click here.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.