How can we help?
Playlists on Premium
Playlists are a feature of Pandora Premium that allows you full control of what music you want to hear. You can fully customize your playlists and add specific songs, artists, and albums in the order you prefer. If you need help building your custom playlists, ask Pandora to help you build your playlist by using the Add Similar Songs button.
- Auto-generated playlists are created after you have Thumbed-up five or more songs on stations you've created. We will sync your Thumbs up from that station so you can access all of your favorite tracks whenever you want.
- My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed up tracks from each of your stations. Every time you Thumb up a song on your stations, it will be automatically added to this playlist. My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed up. To listen to this playlist, go to My Music, sort by Playlists and select My Thumbs Up.
To create a new playlist from the My Music screen:
- Go to My Music, sort by Playlist, then tap + New Playlist.
- Enter a name for your Playlist and tap Next.
- Tap the search bar to find your favorite songs or albums to add to your playlist.
To create a new playlist from the Now Playing screen:
- Tap the ellipsis (three dots) below the album art.
- Select Add to Playlist.
- Choose which playlist you'd like to add the track to, or create a new playlist off of this by tapping, + New Playlist.
To remove songs, scroll down and press the circled 'x' to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the song title to the left.
You can also delete auto-generated playlists. From your Station Details, tap the Edit icon, scroll down and select Delete Playlist.
To edit curated or auto-generated playlists, go to My Music and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to make changes to. Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art.
- To remove songs from your playlist, scroll down and press the circled 'x' to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name from right to left. (Deleting songs from your custom playlists will not remove the original Thumb rating from your stations).
- To adjust the order of your playlist, hold and drag the list icon on the right of the track title to the desired position.
- To rename your playlist, tap the current name then enter whatever you’d like to call it.
- Tap the Add Similar Songs button located at the bottom of your playlist if you need some assistance with building your playlist. Pandora will add songs that match the musical qualities of the tracks already in your playlist. You can re-order songs we've added or delete any unwanted songs.
To delete a playlist, go to My Music and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to delete to visit your Playlist Settings.
Tap the Edit icon below the album art, scroll down and select Delete Playlist.
To download content from My Music, click the download button (icon with arrow pointing downward). Keep in mind that this button will only appear for eligible tracks.
If you change your mind at any point during the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll halt progress.
If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.
From My Music, find the playlist you'd like to share or sort your collection by Playlists. Next, tap the share icon next to the Play button and select your preferred sharing medium.
Keep in mind that non-Pandora Premium subscribers can view your playlists, but won't be able to play them unless they upgrade.
To learn more about Sharing on Premium, click here.
Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are labeled "Radio Only." Due to our current licensing agreements, you won't be able to play these songs on-demand or offline. This also means that any track labeled as "Radio Only" cannot be added to custom playlists.
In the meantime, start a station based on that artist or that particular song. We'll create a station that features other artists and songs similar to it.
Stations on Pandora Premium are guided by Thumb feedback or added seeds, like Pandora and Pandora Plus stations. While listening to a station, you can Thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help us learn what to play next.
Playlists, on the other hand, are guided by listeners' choice. This means you can add only songs you want to hear and sequence each track.
You can enlist the help of Pandora's Music Genome to add music to your playlists by selecting Add Similar Songs, but you'll always have the option to edit our recommendations.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.