How can we help?
Pandora on Apple TV
Open the App Store on your Apple TV, search for Pandora and click the Get arrow.
You will then have the option to sign in with your email, create a new account, or sign in with an activation code.
If you sign in with an activation code, just go to pandora.com/apple from a browser on another device.
Leave the activation screen up on your Apple TV, then enter the code that appears on the TV.
Sign into your account, and your stations should appear on your Apple TV screen.
You can find directions for pairing your controller with your Apple TV here.
You can pause or play the music using the play/pause button on the remote, or you can click on the album art of the currently playing track.
To skip a track, go to Now Playing by pressing the Menu button on your remote or swiping up on the touchpad. Select Now Playing, then click the skip icon.
You can also give the currently playing track a thumb up or down from this screen, and give thumbs to previously played tracks by swiping through the album art.
To create a new station, press the Menu button on your remote or swipe up on the touchpad, then click Create Station.
You can type the name of an Artist or Track in the text-box, and the search should auto-complete. From there, select the name of the Artist or Track you would like to base your station on.
From the initial search screen, you can also view and add our current Popular Stations.
First go to your Station List.
Press the Menu button on your remote or swipe up on the touchpad, then select My Stations.
Click and hold the station you want to delete, then confirm that you want to delete it.
If the thumb you want to delete occurred during your current listening session, you can tap the thumb again again to un-thumb it.
- Go to the Now Playing screen by pressing the Menu button on your remote or swiping up on the touchpad.
- Select Now Playing.
- Swipe through the album art of the previous tracks until you see the track you're looking for.
- Click the highlighted Thumb icon.
If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the station's details from your mobile device or browser to remove the thumb.
To choose how your stations are sorted, first go to your Station List.
Press the Menu button on your remote or swipe up on the touchpad, and select My Stations.
In the upper-right corner, click Recent to sort by recently listened or A-Z to sort alphabetically.
Although you can't modify the audio quality within the Apple TV Pandora app, music will automatically stream at 128kbps for ad-supported listeners, and at 192kbps for Pandora Plus listeners.
Press the Menu button on your remote > Account > Account Settings > Content Settings.
Toggle over to Allow Explicit Content and tap it to switch it On or Off.
Press the Menu button on your remote or swipe up on the touchpad. Select Account > Switch Account and sign into an alternate Pandora account.
To sign out of your device, press the Menu button on your remote or swipe up on the touchpad, select Settings and click Sign Out.
Any changes made to your account on another device will show up the next you sign in.
If Pandora is not working properly, follow the steps below:
- Close and reopen the app.
- Double-click the Home button (next to Menu) on your remote
- Swipe left or right until you see Pandora, then swipe up to close the app.
- Click the Home button again and reopen Pandora.
- Reboot the device from your Apple TV Settings by selecting System > Restart. If that doesn't restart the TV, hold down the Menu and Home buttons, then release when the LED on your Apple TV starts flashing.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app.
- Try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:
- Connect directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device).
- Reboot your modem and router.
- Restart the device.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.