How can we help?
Mood Media and Pandora: Using Pandora in your business
Due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial setting, such as retail stores, restaurants or spas.
However, we have partnered with Mood Media to provide a legal, licensed way to use the Pandora service in the vast majority of businesses and commercial establishments. This service is not for use for bowling, skating, choreographed or organized dancing (such as dancing in dance studios, ballrooms or discotheques), instructed health club classes, and aerobic or other similar forms of entertainment or physical activity or where an admission is charged.
Mood Media is a leading global provider of music and other experiential branding services for businesses. For over 40 years Mood Media has been designing and delivering experiences to enhance the brands of over 100,000 businesses with the following suite of services:
- Music Services and Strategy: in-store, online, interactive, and promotions and events
- Video (music and lifestyle video) and digital signage
- Audio Messaging: In-store and on-hold
- Mobile Services: SMS Messaging, Mobile Web, and mobile music content
- Scent: on-site fragrance marketing
- Audio/Visual Systems: design, engineering, and installation
In order to play Pandora in your business, you will need the following:
- An active Mood Media account for the Pandora service for business, including current payment authorization
- An active Pandora-compatible Mood Media media player.
- An active Pandora account (if you don’t have one, you’ll be prompted to create one as you activate your Mood Media player)
- A broadband connection with Ethernet connection (Internet access is not included, third party fees may apply).
- A sound system with RCA inputs
Your Mood Media account ensures that your business is properly licensed to use Pandora in your business. Your Mood Media account is also how you manage billing preferences and credit card information, subscription information, and your business location information.
Your Pandora account allows you to access and manage your Pandora stations. This can be the same account you use on your personal computer, mobile phone, TV, or car. Or, if you like, you can create a new Pandora account just for your business. After associating your Pandora account with your Mood Media player during activation, you can play Pandora stations in your business through the Mood Media player without commercial interruptions.
To activate your Mood Media player and associate it with your Pandora account, please follow the steps here.
When you sign up with our partner Mood Media to use Pandora in a commercial setting, you will have the option to use your existing Pandora account, or you can create a new account specifically for your business. During the Mood Media player activation process you will be asked to provide the login information for your existing Pandora account or create a new one. You can decide at that time what will work best for you.
If you have subscribed to use the Pandora service through Mood Media and would like to get up and running, please refer to Mood Media’s Quick Start Guide.
If you have questions or issues with your Mood Media player or Mood Media account, including billing, adding or canceling accounts, hardware troubleshooting, and technical requirements, please visit Mood Media.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.