How can we help?
Tips to improve stations
We want all our listeners to get the most from their Pandora experience as they discover and enjoy music they love. In that spirit, here’s a few things we’ve come up with to get your stations playing great songs, so you can skip less and enjoy more.
- Make a fresh station: Sometimes the best thing to do is simply start over with a fresh station based on a different starting point, such as a related artist or one of your favorite Thumbed up songs. Note you can always bring a station back (with all your Seeds and Thumbs intact) by re-adding it.
- Thumb freely: Thumb ratings tell us everything about the kinds of music you want to hear. If you have a reaction to a song, let us know! This will give us a better idea of what to play next. Keep in mind, Thumbing down a track counts as a skip.
- Review your station: When stations are playing songs wildly out of place, or songs that aren’t fitting within that station’s sound, you should check your station details and edit any Thumb ratings or Seeds that may be adversely affecting the playlist.
- Switch it up: Don't be afraid to make changes. If your station is repetitive, first try our Add Variety feature. If you get sick of a track but don't want to completely ban it, you can also put it on the shelf for a while. In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs-up ratings in the station details to mix things up.
- For a more stylistically focused playlist, try creating stations with songs instead of artists. Using song seeds can provide a more focused playlist, by diverging from the mainstream and focusing on a distinct set of musical attributes.
Not what you're looking for? Try searching again or Email Us.